July 19, 2011

Late Nights and Lots of Catching Up!

Welp...it's been about two weeks and with summer and lazy, sunny, or even jam-packed days, it's been a bit hard to keep up with ze blogging. But I've got a lot of new recipes, exciting news and so on.

Cooking has been my form of "relaxation" as of late and I don't think there's any better way to get the ball rolling than with awesome, quick recipes and some pretty pretty pictures to go along with it all.

Sweet Pot Fries...pre-baked
So...I know I know. We all know how to make our own fries. And I'm sure you've probably made a stab at sweet potato fries before too. These however were way too delicious to not share and they're a perfect snack to make on those "what should I do with these sweet pots I've had in my fridge for the last three days?"

Slice them to your liking, (I prefer mine a bit more meaty as they tend to shrink down as they cook), sprinkle with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and pop them in the oven. 400f for about 20-25 minutes but monitor closely because they cook down quickly and everyone's oven heats a little differently.

I chopped up two medium potatoes and I still had two thirds of a container left afterwords to store for the next day or so. And believe me, they were so good I definitely threw the second half of the batch in to cook the next day!

Left over-every ready delicious goodness for later in the week!

The final results turned out to be one of the best snacks I've had in a while (I think one tends to forget how easy and delicious sweet potato fries can be!). Serve with some organic ketchup and enjoy!

Crunchy but not overdone!

Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment